Thursday 26 August 2010

How do you cope when your star has faded?

My gorgeous Rock Star is sad. He's sad most of the time darlings. It's because he was once someone who he's not any more. Yes he was an 80s pop star. He had it all. He was in a band, he was followed around by girls, he travelled the world, he had money in the bank and he could do what he wanted.

Then it turned a bit sour. Drink and drug problems, the band split and there was a court case over royalties (which he lost). Rock Star had to pay a big price for his 80s lifestyle.

But then he met me darlings! And my beautiful children Leaf and Jagger. And we went on to have two more: Gabriel and Tulip. We've had some happy times together.

Lately I've noticed Rock Star becoming distracted. He's forgetting simple things and I think he's having a sneaky drink here and there. I can see a dullness in his eyes. He talks a lot of the old days, of when he was somebody. And he's not that person any more. How do you cope when you've been so successful and you know you can't achieve that any more? That other people now have the success you once had? That you're on the pile of forgotten 80s pop stars?

I've told Rock Star he needs to find some inner fulfilment. But that doesn't work for him. He replies that Jon Bon Jovi is still popular so why can't he be?

I have no answer.

2 comments:

  1. I'd advise him to look at recent pictures of Ronnie Wood and tell him he should be thankful for what he's got!! Ronnie has gone downhill since he left the lovely Jo and went looking for the greener grass on the other side.

    I need an agony aunt column. Do you not have any contacts out there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point darling! Rock Star is a bit rough around the edges but he's looking a more on the ball than Ronnie. Ooh an Agony Aunt column, how exciting! I'll ask some of my celeb friends. Failing that, how about me sweetie? mwah x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are beautiful things sweetie