Thursday 5 August 2010

A post in which I feel forced to be serious

There have been rumblings darlings, and not the sort which Deflatine can cure. No I'm talking rumblings about my blog. And they've come from different directions all at the same time so I'd like to make it clear I'm not pointing my finger (which is very well manicured at the moment by the way).

The mummy blogging community is a wonderful one where people are friendly and supportive. I'm finding it's also a community where a blog like mine can be viewed with suspicion.

Is my blog fact? Is it fiction? Is it a blurring of the two? I choose to let my readers decide. There have been suggestions that I'm unoriginal, unauthentic and on the make. Again I let my readers decide on those first two. And on the last point: 'on the make'? Seriously sweetie? If I were farming followers on twitter or had a big 'contact me here PRs' badge on my blog then possibly. But only possibly.

I'd like to assure anyone who's (unnecessarily) feeling threatened by my appearance that I harbour no ambitions. They're reserved for other parts of my life.

So it's with some trepidation I tread through your blogging community darlings. Thank you to everyone who reads and leaves gorgeous comments on my blog. And I've even been tagged with a meme! I read lots and lots of blogs but comment on few. I'm not sure how I'm received much of the time.

Why do I write this blog? Escapism. Oh and fun. I like to laugh. I almost forgot that in this uncharacteristically serious post.

My blog is a form of self-expression. Like everyone else's. If it's too different, or too similar, to other blogs out there well what can I say? I've written as me for a long time, just not in such an accessible online place before.

So I'll let you decide whether you want to read or not. I'm not forcing anyone to. People do read and that makes me feel warm inside. It's a nicer feeling than a glass of bubbly and that's saying something darlings.

Here are two actual facts about myself:
1. I'm a mother
2. I have feelings

If you have an opinion well that's wonderful and feel free to share it. Just please do it nicely, I may not be open about who I am but I do ask you to remember point two above.

I now feel the need to buy a very expensive handbag. Ciao ciao x

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I haven't heard the rumblings but I can imagine.. I for one am loving your little bloglet - it is a breath of fresh air in a sometimes stuffy blogosphere xx
    Keep up the great work CM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blog is your own personal tool to write about whatever you want. Whether it be fact or fiction it doesn't matter to me, so long as it makes for a good read. I think your blog is fab and if it makes you happy to write it and enjoy some escapism then good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If these people have nothing better to do than moan, then I see it as them with the "problem" not you!

    I for one love your blog, and will carry on reading, with or without my glass of bubbles!

    XxxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I only tripped into your blog very recently in my very practical flip-flops I love reading your posts. Makes me feel very posh by association.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only just found your blog too and love it, let those that don't leave us to enjoy your musings darling, mwah mwah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much kind, lovely people! Alethea - I'm glad you think I'm posh (I'm not really) but have been trying very hard to be all my life. A 'mwah' to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. People are suspecting you're not real? That you're having a bit of fun? That you're taking the piss? Noooooooo!!!!

    *cough*jealous*cough

    I am Bubble to your Edina. I shall fiercely defend you via the interweb thingy. Lemme at'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealousy darling pure and simple. They just can't cope with the fact that their lives are so much less "Celebrity" and more "Calamity".

    I for one can't see why anyone wouldn't believe your blog to be the true and heartfelt thoughts of a woman living the incredibly stressful life of a 21st Century GlobeTrotting Celebrity.

    Ciao !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nickie - thank you Bubble! So sweet of you
    mylifeschaotic - thank you darling, you put it so well! It's a very stressful life, and yours sounds chaotic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are beautiful things sweetie