Saturday 14 August 2010

Lifestyle tips for busy mums: air travel

Oh dear darlings, I've been a bit remiss with my Lifestyle Tips series. I don't believe I wrote one last week. So apologies to those of you who were waiting for my next piece of thoughtful advice. Your wait's over - here it is!

This piece of advice is inspired by my recent trip to New York. Air travel is a necessary part of modern life, it has to be endured sweetie. Flying with children is hard work. It's bad enough being confined with children in the space of your own home, but being stuck in a pressurised metal tube 30,000 feet in the air with children can be torture darlings. Here are my tips:
  • Although it can be tempting to watch the pennies and fly economy, believe me sweetie it's worth every extra penny to fly business class. More space is a godsend. Just a few extra quid and you make life so much easier for yourself
  • Take someone with you to watch the children. You need a break: time to watch a film, enjoy a drink, read a magazine or get a bit of shut-eye. Taking your nanny is an extra cost because you have to pay for her ticket and time, but it's worth it so she can keep an eye on the children while you enjoy your flight
  • A beauty bag in your hand luggage will help keep you refreshed on the flight. Personally I never fly without my Clarins Blue Orchid Oil. Make sure each bottle is under that amount of fluid you're allowed to take in your handluggage. Having your limited edition Commes des Garcons Daphne perfume confiscated from your vintage Louis Vuitton by a gruff, hairy airport security woman is painful darlings.
Well I hope you busy mums find this useful. Until next time gorgeous people! Ciao Ciao x

6 comments:

  1. Great tips sweetie. My tip is to have a small glass of something bubbly before the flight, it just makes the whole thing pass so much more quickly. Not too much though because alcohol (and flying) can be so draining on the complexion and so I always pack a facial spritz in my hand luggage - something like Dior's Hydraction. Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely the only way to travel with kids is to charter your own private jet?
    (sigh... maybe one day.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or better yet to own your own private jet... go where you want, when you want, with whoever you want and get your private yacht to meet you there. I'm allowed to dream...

    ReplyDelete
  4. jumbly that's wonderful advice! And yes personal jets are the way to go darlings, we used to travel that way before the credit crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly don't know how I managed before your essential lifestyle tips for busy mums ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you yummy! So pleased my tips are invaluable x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are beautiful things sweetie