Sunday 22 August 2010

Lifestyle tips for busy mums: shopping

I hope you're ready for another instalment of my Lifestyle Tips sweet darlings. This week I'm discussing shopping. Clothes shopping and shoe shopping to be precise. I don't do any other shopping. Apart from buying a bit of art now and again.

DON'T shop with children. They wipe their greasy faces on Marc Jacobs shift dresses, pick diamantes off Jimmy Choo slingbacks and squirt Fruit Shoot on the floors of designer boutiques resulting in WAGs taking nasty tumbles. I've seen it happen sweetie. Leave children with the nanny.

Make sure shop assistants help you out. That's what they're there for. It's no use them gossiping about X Factor at the till while you're in the changing room needing to try on a different size. You're spending a huge amount of money in their shop so they should be running around for you. If the shop is likely to be busy, it may be worth phoning ahead to ask if they'll close it to other people for you.

Shopping can be exhausting darlings. Ensure you schedule in some regular breaks in gorgeous little coffee shops or find somewhere exquisite for lunch. Arrange to meet friends so you can show them what you bought. One of my favourite things about shopping is showing off my haul to a close girlfriend! Just love it sweetie.

And having written this I'm now itching to get down to Sloane Street as soon as the shops open tomorrow. I do hope you busy mums have found my tips helpful. Ciao for now lovelies! xxx

Photo

3 comments:

  1. Tip-tastic as ever CM - you are surely an inspiration to us all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetie! So pleased you like my tips x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before kids, clothes and shopping so much fun and I loved it. But now, if I take my kids with me, I spend more time control them than finding clothes for me. So now a days I do online shopping to keep my self stylish although I’m busy with my kids.
    bargain buys for busy mums

    ReplyDelete

Comments are beautiful things sweetie