Thursday 19 August 2010

The nanny's on holiday but I'm coping

My nanny went on holiday on Tuesday darlings. Such a strange day to go on holiday isn't it? A Tuesday. Anyways. Having resigned myself to no longer having a night nanny I decided I would risk it and be nanny-free for a week. I read blogs written by so many women who do this mummy stuff all by themselves. Hats off to you sweeties. Amazing stuff.

So on Tuesday I got the children up and gave them breakfast and Gabriel threw his bowl of Cheerios on the floor and I had to go outside to have a cigarette and calm down. Then I bribed them with biscuits and put them in front of the telly. My wonderfully gorgeous friend K (actress and organic farmer) rang and invited me to lunch and said her nanny could have my kids too for the day. Problem solved! So we had a lurrrvely long lunch and a sneaky little shopping expedition.

The evening was hard though. Somehow the nanny gets Gabriel and Tulip in bed by 7pm. But by 9pm they were still wide awake and Gabriel managed to cause some serious damage to our fireplace with his Ninky Nonk. Now it won't flame properly (this is the one we have). Rock Star went into one of his rages and had to be pushed out onto the terrace while I got the children to bed. Stress darlings.

Yesterday I was tired so I got an agency nanny in for the day. She took the children to London Zoo and I lay in bed with a migraine. Motherhood is hard work. But today I'm up early, raring to go and I've had lots of espressos. I will take the children out myself today darlings. Even if it kills me. That's a sacrifice for you. Mwah.

4 comments:

  1. This is the funniest blog I have read in ages. Keep it up sweetie!

    Threekidsandthecat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you could do with a holiday yourself sweetie! Sounds like you are doing a sterling job so far though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nanny went on holiday? Are they allowed to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sharon! Although I didn't realise any of this was funny... but flattered all the same! Thank you yummy and normally I don't let the nanny go on holiday Heather but I've been inspired by other mums looking after their own children and thought I'd try it! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are beautiful things sweetie