Thursday 8 July 2010

The difficult men in my life

The other evening Rock Star and I went to a glamorous little soiree. But it was ruined slightly when Ex-Husband Photographer rang while we were in the car there.

Apparently Ex-Husband Photographer is concerned that our daughter, Leaf, is becoming wayward. He cited some photos he'd seen of her spilling out of an LA club in a flimsy dress. He started questioning my parenting. So I'm like, "Darling, she's twenty years old and she moved out from under my roof six months ago. She has her own career and her own life now,"

He's like, "She's still only young,"
"Sweetie, when I was her age you ran off to France with that ginger-haired model leaving me in London with our one year old baby,"
"You always have to bring that up each time don't you? I'm worried Leaf is taking drugs,"
"Honey, I've told her all about drugs. She knows not to do drugs. One look at Rock Star is a reminder to her not to do drugs."

So if it wasn't bad enough with Ex-Husband Photographer having a go at me, Rock Star was then in a strop with me all evening too. Apparently I shouldn't have mentioned the drugs. But his drink and drugs hell is well documented, he makes most of his money these days from his 'to hell and back' story. How come I'm not allowed to mention it all of a sudden?

Gabriel said "Louboutin" yesterday. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are beautiful things sweetie