Saturday 10 July 2010

A medical emergency caused by lipstick

What a stressful morning. Tulip has started doing that crawling thing now. The nanny took her eye off her for a few minutes and during that time Tulip raided my vintage Gucci bag I'd left in the hallway.

When I found her Tulip had smeared my Tom Ford Cherry Lush lipstick all over her face. But more worringly the tube was empty. I called the doctor and screamed at him to come out, "My baby's eaten my lipstick!"

He told me she would be fine and to keep an eye on her. So I yelled at the nanny for letting Tulip get into my bag and eat a lipstick I'd only bought last week in New York and which cost $45. I called the doctor back and said if Tulip took a turn for the worse I would hold him responsible for not coming out and seeing her.

I then took to my bed and the nanny came up to tell me she'd found the rest of the lipstick in one of her Ugg boots. So I yelled at her again asking why was she wearing Ugg boots in 30 degrees heat anyway? She said that's why she took them off.

Give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are beautiful things sweetie