Tuesday 27 July 2010

The Gallery: Nature

Well this Gallery theme has me stumped this week because I'm not a nature person. I like firm ground under my feet suitable for heels and a gorgeous delicatessen or wine bar on every corner.

The countryside is lovely for driving through, I can understand why people say it's pretty. But I visited once and that wasn't so pretty. Everything was a bit muddy and untidy. My heels sank into the ground and I got mud on my Armani swing coat. I was not a happy bunny. And the countryside gets smelly too doesn't it? All those cows and pigs and things.

I suppose you can find nature in your park and garden. I do like colourful flowers, they're good. But they attract bees and wasps and all sorts of buzzy things which I'm not so keen on. And I must have sweet blood because I get bitten by everything darlings.

Put simply, I'm not a nature fan. But I will make the best effort with the Gallery this week because there is a prize of Green & Black's chocolate. If I win I shall squirrel it away under my mattress where my personal trainer can't find it.

So I present to you my nature picture: flowers.


And these are the most perfect flowers. Pourquoi? Well they don't attract buzzy things and they don't need watering and they look beautiful forever. Yes darlings, they're fake!

10 comments:

  1. They are fabulous flowers would never have guessed that they were fake! I like the way you took their picture outside to make them more authentic! Lol I love the fact they don't need watering or will make a vase smell afterwards leaving a scum mark around the circumference!
    Funny post as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a funny person... Guess this is the most perfect Nature post for you! Very pretty flowers indeed! Who needs real ones, when you have those!!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love reading your gallery posts - always make me smile :)

    Give me fake flowers anyday - that way the cats don't eat them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you lovely people, you're so kind. And I'm relieved you agree that fake flowers aren't so bad after all. Lower maintenance all round x

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are but they attract dust as well. Can't believe they are fake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some good looking fake flowers! Great photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever, I'm liking your style already. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you people, they do look wonderful don't they? Yes dust can be a problem Fiona but luckily my housekeeper takes care of that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are beautiful things sweetie