Thursday 29 July 2010

The not so huge revelation about my 14 year old

I'm off to New York later today, I can't wait darlings. I'm taking Gabriel and Tulip with me and the nanny. I also have a New York nanny so my London one can even take some time off and do a bit of shopping! I'm very generous like that.

Last night I had a frustrating conversation with Rock Star about Jagger. If you've read any previous posts you may remember that gorgeous Jagger is taking dance classes during the school holidays. All he wants to do is dance. And he's good at it sweetie, he loves to practise in our garden. His favourite at the moment is Modern and I love to stand on the terrace with a cigarette and watch him.

Well Rock Star was acting strangely most of yesterday and then in the evening he poured me a glass of my favourite bubbly and asked me to sit down. I didn't know what to expect, my first thought was that another love child had made itself known.

"I'm worried Jagger's gay," was all he said.
"Gay? He listens to Kylie, his hero's Louie Spence and his father's an actor. Of course he's gay darling, I've known it since he was five years old." Rock Star didn't seem too happy to hear this and suggested I could have told him earlier. So I said what was there to tell? He must know about these things because he was famous in the eighties when everyone was gay, they just pretended they weren't. Even Elton John and Freddie Mercury got married (not to each other), that's how much everyone was gay and pretended not to be.

So we then had an argument about who was gay in the eighties and who wasn't. I was willing to accept everyone in Spandau Ballet was straight but I was less sure about Duran Duran. But what upset Rock Star the most was my suggestion that he was probably a bit gay in the eighties too. What's his problem about being gay anyway? So we've now fallen out and it's probably just as well I'm off to New York for a break. Relationships are stressful aren't they darlings?

2 comments:

  1. I think he protests too much...
    Has he recently been taking long walks up Clapham Common or loitering around public toilets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I've noticed darling. But I do maintain that he is a little bit gay so if he decided to make such a sojourn I wouldn't be surprised. But then nothing surprises me much these days sweetie x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are beautiful things sweetie